Friday, July 30, 2010

Gaurdian says - "the oil has simply vanished". Sorted then?

Today Alexander Chancellor writes in The Guardian about the "miracle of the Gulf of Mexico's disappearing oil spill". Improper apostrophe use aside, I seriously hope that in speed reading the article I missed some irony!

But the truth is I believe this is just the next stage in the BP cleanup - some much needed spit and polish on their tarnished reputation. I also get the distinct impression that the PR rug has been well and truly lifted and under it is being swept any notion that vast amounts of crude oil and chemical dispersants (4 times more toxic than the oil) are bad for the worlds oceans. I'd also suggest that the freedom to report on any of this is also deeply buried under that rug somewhere, but then I am a cynic!

Decide for yourself. But me? I wouldn't believe that the Louisiana coastline is safe and that the Gulf of Mexico is "miraculously" clean even if I saw the Obamas snorkelling in it.

More GRITtv


No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't believe in censorship, so please post responsibly. Thank you - Mark